Oracle does not release anymore full client packages for the Mac clients. Therefore, we need to use the Instant Client from: https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/intel-macsoft-096467.html The installation is quite simple but we need to rememeber that, in order to have a functional client for a DBA we would need to download three packages at least: Basic Package – All files required to run […]
I had to modify a file for loading into an Oracle database with SQL*Loader. The file was using as field delimiter the | pipe character and each line was ending in a |. So ideally, I would like to remove the pipe chracter that ends each of the 384 016 850 lines of my text file. One option is to use vim macros but I chose to use sed. The Linux command that would work is: but I noticed with surprise that this command would not work in mac OS! After a bit of investigation, I found out that the sed implementation on macOS is a bit different so the command on macOS is: note the extra characters that make the difference!
Keep pressed option key (alt) and click on the Notifications icon which is usually found on top right corner. Easy!
Ocassionally, there is a need to install an app created by a developer that is not identified by the security policy in place on the Firm’s MacBook. Here is the short procedure I identified it works for me: in terminal type: sudo spctl --master-disable verify with: spctl --status open the application and quit it in terminal, type: sudo spctl --master-enable verify the status: spctl […]